Henry van de Velde Awards 2021
After the successful 2020 edition, Flanders DC is launching the Henry van de Velde Awards 2021! They are again looking for meaningful, innovative, functional and sustainable design projects with a Flemish link. You can register HERE until 24 May 2020.
Henry van de Velde AwardsThe Henry van de Velde Awards recognise and honour national and international Flemish designers, companies, products, projects, services and systems that have had a positive impact on the economy and society by way of design, with a focus on solutions and direction.
The Henry van de Velde Awards are widely supported thanks to the shared vision of a professional and independent jury with significant expertise in the sector. With its own website, the official award ceremony, the exhibition and the publication, the Henry van de Velde Awards forms a platform for Flemish design.
In 2021, 12 Henry van de Velde Gold Awards and 14 Henry van de Velde Awards are presented. The categories Company, Ecodesign by OVAM, Lifetime Achievement, Young Talent and Public are not open to entries. These are designated by the jury.
Entries can be submitted for the seven other categories with a product, service or system. These categories are:
- Business Innovation Award
- Climate Challenge Award by VMM
- Consumer Award
- Crafts by Bokrijk Award
- Digital Product Award
- Graphic & Communication Award
- Habitat Award
Would you like to register? Then look at the conditions below:
- The entry must be submitted in the prescribed manner, in full and within the set deadline. In addition to a motivation why an entry falls within 1 of the 7 categories, you must also provide an explanation of the sustainability of the entry. If the entry does not meet these requirements, the organisation is entitled to exclude it.
- The entries have a Flemish link, either through the designer or design studio, or through the producer, editor or other client.
- The product in its current form was launched on the market between 1 April 2019 and 24 May 2020, and the trajectory of services was completed after 1 April 2019.
- You can register via this link until 24 May 2020. Please note! Please have all the necessary information at hand, as it is not possible to save the registration for the time being.
It is allowed to register for multiple categories with one project and to participate with multiple projects.
You can find the complete rules here.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Bie Luyssaert, +32 (0) 497 59 33 17, firstname.lastname@example.org
Inge Vranken, +32 (0) 497 59 33 20, email@example.com