WE ARE THE NEXT GENERATION
WE ARE THE NEXT GENERATION exhibition presents the designers of tomorrow, through an overview of the best student projects from creative (higher) design education, selected by a jury.
From 19 October to 5 November at the Budafabriek in Kortrijk during the WONDER Creativity Festival.
REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE.
Every year since 2014, Designregio Kortrijk and its partners have been looking for the next generation of Belgian design talent in product design, architecture, graphic design and game design through an overview of the best student projects from creative design education (colleges and universities).
Students can submit their student project for participation now, using the form at the bottom of this page (deadline Tuesday, 4 July).
The exhibition will continue from 19 October to 5 November 2023 and is part of WONDER Creativity Festival in Kortrijk.
Graphic design by Bruce Vansteenwinkel, WE ARE THE NEXT GENERATION alumnus 2018.
WONDER Creativity Festival
From 19 October to 5 November, WONDER Creativity Festival will take over downtown Kortrijk with wondrous exhibitions, installations and events. Through a parcours through the city, WONDER will fill the minds of young and old alike with tonnes of inspiration, colourful insights, innovative ideas and new faces.
Who can participate?
Students from the following programmes at Belgian colleges and universities:
Industrial product design, textiles, fashion, accessories, furniture design
Interior, buildings, public space and landscapes
Graphics and illustration, advertising design, web and digital
- The student project must have been developed within the framework of a (creative) design course at a Belgian college or university in academic year 2022-2023.
- The projects will be assessed in mid-July by a jury consisting of representatives of Designregio Kortrijk, Flanders DC and professionals from the various design sectors. They take into account the innovative character, social relevance, sustainability and exposeability of the project.
- The project will be brought and picked up in Kortrijk by the submitter.
For all your questions, contact: email@example.com
- Participation is free!
- The selected projects will be included in offline and online communication by WE ARE THE NEXT GENERATION, WONDER Creativity Festival and Designregio Kortrijk.
- The exhibition is coordinated by Designregio Kortrijk, from scenography, copywriting and signage to photography, communication and press. Graphics and scenography by Bruce Vansteenwinkel.
- In addition, Flanders DC offers personal guidance to three of those selected. Besides a sounding board for your business plans, they also offer a team of advisers who will analyse them and provide targeted support with advice on your business model, market expansion, pricing, investments,... you name it. In a number of sessions tailored to your needs, we work step by step towards a roadmap that gives you a big boost towards your goals.
You can submit your student project until Tuesday 4 July 2023.The jury consisting of representatives of Designregio Kortrijk, Flanders DC and professionals from the various design sectors will meet in mid-July to select the projects for exhibition. You will be informed of your selection by 18 August at the latest.
Communication for the exhibition starts in early September.