Designregio Kortrijk is looking for 3 highly motivated and recently graduated designer-makers or creative artists to join in a regional residency program in Kortrijk, Belgium.
The Designers in Residence Program Kortrijk is a 3-month full time working residency from September to December 2018.
Designregio Kortrijk provides for the selected Designers in Residence Kortrijk:
- usage of Budalab Open Makerspace & Bolwerk Workspace
- experts in several domains and support of Designregio Kortrijk
- one-time travel expenses
This year's theme is: 'Discover the Next Space'
Spaces that heal. In-store shows. Hospitality in hospitals.
Designregio Kortrijk invites 3 young designers to develop an experimental concept for the future of spaces, through confrontation between citizens, society, entrepreneurs and education in regions such as Kortrijk.
The compactness of this region is both a benefit and a challenge.
During the Biennale Interieur from 18 to 22 October 2018 the Designers in Residence Kortrijk will get the opportunity to show their research and on-going progress to an international audience.
Designregio Kortrijk will be your host. Our organisation is the platform for creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship for the Kortrijk region. We organize projects that encourage creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship, inspire with good practices and connect companies, designers, education and government.
We are a joint venture of 5 regional organisations, with whom you will work closely together. This will allow you as a designer to connect with the local community (city of Kortrijk), local producers and maker industry (Voka West-Flanders & Interieur Foundation), urban planners and developers (Leiedal) and innovative education (Howest).
At the same time, the Buda Island is the focal point for a fascinating community of creative individuals, companies, cultural organizations, creative teaching as well as end-users. The aim is to connect with the local maker industry, largely embedded in the region and local producers in a contemporary way.
- The Kortrijk region (Belgium) is a strong player in the economically blooming largest European inter-regional Eurometropolis and can be exemplified by large companies such as Barco, Bekaert, Unilin, Vandewiele, as well as a large number of family owned SME’s with an international outlook such as Skyline, Delta Light, Renson, Casalis, Obumex, Curana and many more.
- University College HOWEST & their Industrial Design Center is an open knowledge center and a communication platform between the industry and the education, research and development programs of the Howest and Ghent University in Kortrijk. Digital Arts & Entertainment and Devine - Digital Design and Development are, amongst others, two of their state of the art education programs.
The profile of the designers must correspond to the following criteria:
- recently graduated (minimum level: master)
- team player
- manual skills (conceptual, handy, production, fabrication)
- an international outlook
Are you one of the designers we are looking for? Do you see the unique added value in participating in this residency?
!!! Completed applications must be submitted to Designregio Kortrijk before Friday 1 June 2018, 9:00 CET. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.